Hello everyone! Sorry I haven't posted anything for a while, things have been busy! My friend Floss cooked an amazing soup for me this week that I thought I ought to recreate and share - all credit goes to her. It is super fresh and tasty, with very few ingredients and perfect for October.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 2 red onions, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped in half
- 3 carrots, roughly chopped
- 2 sweet potatoes, roughly chopped with their skins on
- 1/4 medium pumpkin or 1/2 a small one, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 chilli, chopped with or without seeds depending on your spice tolerance
- 1 tin of coconut milk
- 1 litre stock using 1 vegetable stock cube and 1/2 chicken stock cube
- 1 tsp dried basil
- salt and pepper
1. There is no need to use any oil, simply put your onions and garlic into a large heated saucepan and then add the coconut milk. Simmer away slowly while you prepare the veg.
2. Put everything else into the saucepan and cook with a lid on for 20-25 mins on a medium-high heat, until the vegetables are soft.
3. Blitz the vegetables in a food mixer or smoothie blender - do this a little at a time or the heat might cause the soup to overflow or splash everywhere.
Serve with fresh bread and a sprinkling of seeds.