Friday 19 July 2013

Hello Healthy Houmous - Vegan and Dairy Free


This is a super easy recipe. I have used peanut butter as an alternative to tahini, as I feel it gives a better, softer flavour. Plus, peanut butter lasts for ages and is always available.

Ingredients (makes two ramekins)

 - 400g tin of soft chickpeas (I like to use TRS Asia Boiled Chickpeas) with 1/3 chickpea juice
- 2 tsp smooth peanut butter
- 1 clove of garlic
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- linseeds or paprika to serve (optional)

1. Blend all the ingredients in a food processor or using a hand blender. 

If you've never tried paprika on houmous, you must! It is a great addition to add flavour and vibrant colour. The other alternative is to sprinkle the houmous with linseeds or sesame seeds.

http://instagram.com/p/b8nLe8uktn/



2 comments:

  1. Found your blog through instagram and love the look of your recipes! Would be interested to try your hummus with the addition of peanut butter - I use Harissa in mine. Posted a similar blogpost last week if you're interested!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, thank you for your comment, and thanks for finding me through Instagram! Do try peanut butter, I find that it tastes so much better, it's very light. I will have a look at your blog :)

      Delete