Friday 24 January 2014

My Alternative Houmousy Dip


I have come to love using peanut butter instead of tahini for my homemade houmous as I find it gives a sweeter taste and I always have peanut butter in the larder. The greeny coloured dip is one I put together yesterday -sweet and super healthy, it's delicious (if I say so myself)! 

Ingredients

for the plain houmous -

- 1 400g tin of boiled soft chickpeas
- juice of half a lemon
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 tsp smooth peanut butter
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper (I only use pepper)



for the green houmous -

- 1/4 of the plain houmous mixture
- juice of half a lemon
- 1 handful of mixed spinach, watercress and rocket (or just a handful of which ever you prefer)
- 1 medium tomato, chopped in half
- 2 medjool dates, de-stoned



1. Start by making the plain houmous as you'll need 1/4 of it to make the green one after. Place all the ingredients into a food processor and blitz to form a smooth paste. If the mixture is a little thick, it might need more olive oil.

2. Once the houmous is ready, remove 3/4 of the mixture and place it in a suitable bowl. There's no need to wash the machine, just add all the green houmous ingredients into the processor. Blitz one final time to form a deliciously sweet, unique dipping sauce.

Top it with some seeds to make it look pretty...




No comments:

Post a Comment