I made this ice cream (Belvoir Fruit Farms website) over the weekend and had to make it again today it was so delicious. It's very light and creamy, with a bit of zing; and tastes great with my carrot cake: http://ohuntingford.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/ive-made-this-cake-few-times-and-its.html
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 3 egg white
- 2 oz caster sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 7 tbsp elderflower cordial
- zest or peel of one lemon
- 300ml double cream
1. Start by separating the eggs into two bowl (one with whites and one with yolks).
2. Beat the egg whites until fluffy and then gradually add the sugar.
3. Next, lightly beat the egg yolks (until they start to get thick) and then mix in the elderflower cordial and lemon peel.
4. To finish, whip up the cream and fold the egg mixtures into it.
5. The ice cream can either be placed into a tupperware and popped in the freezer overnight, or poured into an ice cream maker until set.