This is a super easy recipe. I have used peanut butter as an alternative to tahini, as I feel it gives a smoother, softer flavour. Plus, peanut butter lasts for ages and is always stocked up in my lader.
Ingredients (makes one large ramekin)
- 400g tin of soft chickpeas (I like to use TRS Asia Boiled Chickpeas) with 1/3 chickpea juice
- 140g sundried tomatoes, drained (from a jar)
- 2 tsp smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 chilli, deseeded
- 8 basil leaves
- 1 clove of garlic
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- poppy seeds to serve (optional)
- salt and pepper
1. Blend all the ingredients in a food processor or using a hand blender.
2. Sprinkle with poppy seeds and a sprig of basil.