This granola is perfection! The amount of syrup has been reduced to just the right quantity, making it nice and healthy, whilst retaining its deliciousness. The gluten free rice puffs are a must.
Ingredients (makes 15 servings)
to bake -
2 tbsp vegetable oil
2 tbsp maple syrup
2 tbsp sweet freedom syrup or agave nectar
1 tsp vanilla extract
50g sunflower seeds
50g pumpkin seeds
4 tbsp sesame seeds
100g almonds, roughly chopped
1 tsp cinnamon
to add at the end -
2 handfuls of puffed rice
1 handful of brazil nuts
3 tbsp linseeds
2 tbsp goji berriess
6 tbsp desiccated coconut
1. Set the oven to 150°c. Line two baking trays with parchment or baking paper and set aside.
2. Pour all the wet ingredients into a large bowl and stir well. Add the rest of the baking ingredients to the bowl and mix until combined. (Leave the last 5 ingredients until the granola has cooked.)
3. Spread the mixture even between two baking trays in a thin layer and cook for 20 minutes.
4. After 20 minutes, remove the trays from the oven and move the granola about so that it does not burn. Place them back in the oven for a further 15 minutes until golden.
5. Allow the granola to cool for at least 10 minutes, and then combine the two trays together in a bowl.
6. Add the final ingredients, mix thoroughly, then pour into a suitable airtight container.
Eat this delicious granola for breakfast, with yoghurt or milk, or simply sprinkle on salads and other food to add a sweet crunch.