With very little prep and hassle, you can make these sweet tasty bites and wow the special someone on the receiving end. Unfortunately this post is going to ruin my surprise, but I wanted to share these with you before Valentine's Day on Saturday. They are probably the quickest tasty treat I have ever made...and cheap too, with only 4 ingredients! They are not the healthiest things however, but who doesn't like a naughty something once and a while.
Ingredients (makes 8 large chocolates)
- 400g chocolate, around 52% cocoa (very cheap from Lidl!)
- 2 tbsp smooth peanut butter (or dairy free nut butter if preferred)
- 1 tsp maple syrup or natural sweet syrup such as 'Sweet Freedom'
- goji berries to decorate
You will need silicone moulds, so that the chocolates come out easily. Mini cupcake cases would also work.
1. Place all of the chocolate into a glass bowl resting on a saucepan with a little water in it. Heat up the saucepan to melt the chocolate, stirring occasionally. When the choc is melted, after around 3 minutes, pour a little into your moulds - about 1 1/2 tbsp each depending on the size of your mould, or 1/2 tsp if using mini cupcake cases.
2. Put the chocolate in the freezer for a few minutes while you prepare the peanut butter filling.
3. Mix together the peanut butter and sweetner. If you find it won't mix, heat it up a little in a pan.
4. By this time, the chocolate in the freezer should be nice and hard. Remove is and spoon one tsp of peanut butter filling in the centre. Return them to the freezer for another few minutes.
5. If the chocolate that was heated up has gone a bit hard, pop it back on the hob to heat it up.
6. Finally, once the peanut butter filling has hardened, remove them from the freezer and place another 2 tbsp of chocolate on top, levelling the cups out as much as possible. Decorate with a few goji berries, nut sprinkles or rose petals before returning them to the freezer for a final set - around 2 hours.
7. If you have used silicone moulds, the chocolates should pop out extremely easily. The outside should be nice and hard, and the centre all gooey and delicious.
Extremely quick and scrumptious - ENJOY!